Excision finally released the Lost Lands app and with it the full schedule. We are only one week away from the festival that is guaranteed to shake the earth so hard that it will knock you back into prehistoric times! They have officially announced that they are now bringing in a whopping 750,000 watts of bass with the help of PK Sound! This festival is going to be one for the ages, packed full of cave people and even 40 life-sized dinosaurs! There is much to explore with all sorts of activities ranging from morning yoga, to music production workshops with Ableton masters ill.gates and KJ Sawka.
Are you ready to go? Have you finished all of your packing yet? Do you have all of your camping gear ready? Are you sure you didn’t forget anything? Here’s a quick checklist to run through to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
- Tent with Rain fly
- Stakes and a mallet to beat them in with
- Tent weights to hold stakes in hard surface
- Tarp to use under your tent
- Popup shade with sheets or tapestries to use as walls
- Sleeping bags and air mattress
- Clothing for all temperatures. The nights can get really chilly. The average weather this time of year can range from 75°-85°, but temperatures can drop down to the 60’s or even mid 50’s at night. Please come prepared for temperature fluctuations.
- Towels for showering
- Camping chairs
- Lantern for campsite lighting
- Propane grill and cookware
- Coolers and ice
- Food and drinks (no glass)
- Lots of Water (be eco-friendly and bring gallons instead of individual bottles)
- Garbage Bags (This is a Leave No Trace festival. So if you pack it in, then you pack it out. This includes your own trash)
- Bug spray (The mosquitos are terrible in the Midwest!)
- Sunscreen to protect yourself
- Bandana or dust mask (Trust me you’ll need it)
- Earplugs (750,000 watts is A LOT of bass and nobody wants permanent hearing loss)
- Flashlight / Headlamp (Essential after the show and you’re looking for your campsite)
- Neck brace (If you’re not used to headbanging, then Excision will have you “Leaving in a neck brace!”)
- Cash for food, drinks and merch throughout the weekend ($50 a day should be enough)
- The most important thing to bring with you is positive vibes and big smiles!
The official camping check in times are as follows:
- Thursday 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Early Access Pass required)
- Friday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Sunday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Please remember all campers have to check out of the campgrounds by 12PM (noon) on Monday 10/02.
Click HERE for a full list of all the rules of the campgrounds.
Make sure to check out the full list of the prohibited items HERE to avoid any issues with security.
You can view all the set times and create your own personal schedule on the official Lost Lands Festival app available one the Apple App Store and Google Play!